'Informal' Micro/Labor Workshop
In order to foster early stages of research, we have developed a workshop for those interested in micro topics. This workshop is primarily for the presentation of early stages of research to get feedback from colleagues. Therefore, the style is fairly informal and perfect for grad students to present initial findings of their dissertation research. Workshops are held from 12:30-1:30pm on Wednesdays (typically) in the Economics seminar room. Those interested in attending or presenting should contact Prof. John Heywood.
- Chris Fletcher, UWM, "The Effect of Arizona's Anti-Immigration Legislation on Housing Prices," Wed, May 2, 2012.
- Anton Parlow, UWM, "Armed Conflict and Children's Health - Exploring New Directions: The Case of Kashmir," Wed, April 18, 2012.
- John Heywood, UWM, ""Don't Forget the Gravy! Are Bonuses and Time Rates Complements?" Wed, March 14, 2012.
- Linda Nøstbakken, Alberta School of Business, "Formal and Informal Quota Enforcement," Wed, Dec 21, 2011.
- Suyong Song, UWM, "Endogeneity Bias Modeling Using Observables," Wed, Dec 7, 2011.
- Ben Van Kammen, UWM, "Compensating Wage Differentials for Paid Sick Leave," Wed, Oct 26, 2011.
- Richard Steinberg, IUPUI, "Competition, Public Policy and Nonprofit Mission," Wed, Oct 19, 2011.
- Anton Parlow, UWM, "Education and Conflict: The Kashmir Insurgency in the 90s," Wed, Sept 28, 2011.
- Colin Green, University of Lancaster, "Play hard, Shirk Hard? The Effect of Bar Hours Regulation on Absence," Thursday, Sept 22, 2011 (3:30-4:30)
- Monique Newiak, University of Munich, "Imitation and Innovation Driven Development under Imperfect Intellectual Property Rights," Thursday, June 16, 2011.
- Rahi Abouk, UWM, ""Did State Bans on Texting while Driving Affect the Number of Fatal Accidents?" Wed May 4, 2011.
- Liang Wang, UWM, "On Testing the Equality of Conditional Means and Quantiles," Wed, March 16, 2011, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Ben Van Kammen, UWM, "Measuring the Labor Market Effects of Paid Sick Leave Mandates," Wed, Dec 8, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Jessica Milli, UWM, "Do Significant Differences in Job Satisfaction Returns to Education Exist between Black and White Workers?" Wed, Dec. 1, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- John Heywood, UWM, "Piece Rates for Professors," Wed, Nov. 10, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Keith Bender, UWM, "Performance Pay and Poor Health," Wed, Nov. 3, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm
- Scott Adams, UWM, "Does Employer-Provided Health Insurance Make Workers Unhappy?" Wed, Oct 27, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm
- Anton Parlow, UWM, "Does Trade Ppromote Peace? A Panel Data Approach within a Gravity-Model Framework," Wed Oct 6, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm
- Scott Adams, UWM, "Smokeless Tobacco and You," Wed, April 7, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Laurie Miller, UWM, "Teams, Wages and Wage Dispersion," Wed, March 31, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Emily Lechtenberg, UWM, "Private versus Public Education: The Impact of Schooling Type on Wage Rates," Wed, Feb 10, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Kristen Roche, UWM, "Self-Employment as a Bridge to Retirement," Wed, Feb 3, 2010, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Mike Coon, UWM, "Walking ATM's: Do Crime Rates Affect Remittances of Mexican Migrants in the United States?" Wed, Nov 18, 2009, 12:30-1:30pm.
- John Westbury, UWM, "High School Exit Exams and Teacher Turnover," Wed, September 23, 12:30-1:30pm.
- Tanyamat Srungboonmee, UWM, "Understanding Local Labor Market Adjustments to Immigration," Wed, September 16, 12:30-1:30pm
- Ian Lange, University of Stirling (UK), "Determinants of Contract Renegotiation: Evidence from U.S. Coal Contracts," Tuesday August 25, 12:30-1:30pm.