Our BA program offers the latest instruction in professional writing and technical communication to prepare students for a wide variety of careers. Whether you're looking for work in writing, document design, project management, technical editing, or usability, we have the instructors, tools, courses, and contacts to get you there.
(Visit our Courses page to see a larger list of recent courses offered.)
- 3 credits in Introduction to English Studies (ENG 205)
- 3 credits in pre-1800 literature (ENG 301-303, 451-457, 500-504, or 530) Document Design (ENG 439)
- 18 credits selected from any of the following:
- 3 credits maximum selected from English 205, 206, 207, or 214
- English 431 (Topics in Advanced Writing)
- English 433 (Creative Nonfiction)
- English 434 (Editing and Publishing)
- English 435 (Professional and Technical Writing)
- English 436 (Writing for Information Technology)
- English 437 (Project Management)
- English 443 (Grant Writing)
- English 444 (Technical Editing)
- English 448 (Professional Writing Theory and Practice)
- 3 credits in an upper-level English elective
- 3 credits in a 600-level English seminar
- 3 credits in a capstone experience: ENG 449 (Writing Internship in English) (satisfies L&S research requirement)
Visit our Courses page to help plan out which courses you may want to take to meet your degree requirement.
Coordinator of the Undergraduate Program in Professional Writing
Contact Dr. Dave Clark with any further questions you may have about the program.