- Financial Aid Information
- Teaching, Project and Research Assistantships
- Graduate Assistantship Stipend Information
- Graduate School Fellowships
Department of Geography Aid
The Mary Jo Read Geography Fund, with estimated assets of more than $1 million, will benefit the department by providing scholarships, fellowships, and merit awards to students who demonstrate academic excellence in the field.
Specifically, the fund earmarks the following:
- Fellowships for geography graduate students, typically to provide additional financial support to those also holding teaching, project, or research assistantships. Both new and continuing students are eligible for these fellowships each year, with awards based on each student's academic record and competitive standing. A fellowship can be granted to an individual for a semester or a year, up to a total of four years. New student yearly awards are $10,000 ($5,000 per semester), and continuing student yearly awards are $5,000 ($2,500 per semester). All department graduate students are automatically considered for these awards each year, however those not interested in graduate assistantships may wish to fill out an application form (Word, pdf 57kb).
- up to $1,000 travel grants for graduate and undergraduate students. These scholarships are to fund capstone travel, research, and professional development experiences. Use the procedures outlined on the 2010-2011 Travel Award page.