Graduate Program Application Checklist
The Department offers Master of Science and Doctor of Philosophy degrees.
Determine your eligibility:
- Check the Graduate School admission requirements in order to see if you are eligible to apply.
- Master of Science requirements
- Doctor of Philosophy requirements
Once you have determined you are eligible then you need to submit your paperwork in two different places
To The Graduate School:
- When you are ready to apply to the Graduate School, begin the online application process.
- Once the online application is submitted, contact all prior institutions of higher learning to get a copy of your official transcript sent to the Graduate School. An application cannot be processed until all transcripts have arrived.
Send to the Department of Geosciences:
- A report of your GRE results. Have this sent directly to us through the testing group. Do not send a copy of the report you have.
- 3 letters of recommendation using this online form.
- Please have these letters sent to:
Department of Geosciences
Chair, Graduate Committee
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
PO Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201-0413
It is also highly recommended, particularly for Ph.D. applicants, that you contact a faculty member in your area of interest before applying. Use the directory of department faculty to find their research interests.
Please try to have the entire application process completed by January 15, as the earliest successful applicants will be given preference for financial assistance.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact Dr. Stephen Dornbos, Chair of our Graduate Committee, at 414-229-6630 or email@example.com.