With technology playing an ever-increasing role in higher education, many instructors are recognizing the need to stay ahead of the curve. However, all too often instructors find themselves saddled with the responsibilities of maintaining traditional courses, conducting research, and getting published--leaving little time to produce a meaningful online presence.
In partnership with the Learning Technology Center (LTC), our Academic Technology team works with faculty to enhance online instruction. Pedagogical guidance from the LTC identifies and eliminates potential hurdles, allowing instructors to concentrate on the production of digital course-related materials courtesy of LSITO.
The L&S Academic Technology team offers a wide range of services including:
- Digital video taping of lectures and events
- Production of Flash-based and streaming videos
- Professional Podcasts
- iTunesU support
- Digitization of print and analog media
- Conferencing capabilities such as Skype and Adobe Connect
- Customized tutorial creation
- Promotion and tenure CD-ROM package creation
- Mediated classroom design and support
- Specialized technology training
Helpful Academic Technology policies and information:
- Request Academic Technology Support
- UWM Learning Technology Center: The first step in online course development, the LTC provides pedagogical consultation to help L&S faculty identify the best technology for their individual needs.
- Online Course Research in the Natural Sciences: An example of our team’s capabilities in identifying and presenting available instructional resources for online course adoption.