MALLT Teaching Assistantships
The four departments participating in MALLT award a number of part-time Teaching Assistant (TA) appointments for the academic year. International students are also eligible to apply for TA appointments.
Please note that TA applications will only be considered by the department after a student has been accepted into a graduate degree program and the UWM Graduate School.
After you have been admitted, please complete the online application form for the language you are qualified to teach. Submit the completed application to the TA Coordinator identified on the first page of the form. If there is no application form for the language you are qualified to teach, please write to the Chair of the department to express your interest in a teaching assistantship. In order to receive full consideration, applications and letters must be received by the deadline indicated on the application form.
Department of Foreign Languages and Literature
(Chair: Michael Mikos)
For Teaching Assistantships in: Arabic, Chinese, Classics, German, Hebrew, Hmong, Japanese, Korean, Swedish, and Thai.
- German or Swedish
- Application for teaching assistantship in German or Swedish (Word)
- (Submit to Program Coordinator Jonathan Wipplinger (firstname.lastname@example.org))
- Application for teaching assistantship in Arabic (Word)
- (Submit to Program Coordinator Hamid Ouali)
- The UWM Chinese program is not accepting TA applications
for Fall 2015 at this time.
- Application for teaching assistantship in Japanese (Word)
- (Submit to Program Coordinator Atsuko Suga Borgmann)
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- Application for teaching assistantships in Classics, Hebrew or in languages not listed above (Word)
- (Submit to Department Chair Michael Mikos)
Department of French, Italian, and Comparative Literature
(Chair: Caroline Seymour-Jorn)
- Application for teaching assistantship in French (Word)
- (Submit to Program Coordinator Kathleen Farrell-Whitworth)
- Comparative Literature
- Application for teaching assistantship in Comparative Literature (Word)
- (Submit to ProfessorJian Xu).
Department of Linguistics
(Chair: Professor Garry Davis)
- Application for teaching assistantship in Linguistics (Word)
- (Submit to Department Chair Garry Davis (email@example.com))
Department of Spanish and Portuguese
(Chair: Professor Kathleen Wheatley)