News and Events
NewsMALLT 2014 Newsletter
Wednesday, November 5, AGS Library (3rd Floor)
Drago Momcilovic, "Anthems of the Disempowered:
Anglo-European Music and Chilean Cultural Memory after Pinochet"
Presented as part of the LACUSL Speaker Series
Master of Arts in Language, Literature, and Translation (MALLT)
An interdisciplinary Master's degree combining the Graduate programs of four departments in the College of Letters and Science:
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- French, Italian, and Comparative Literature
(for double concentrations, and joint MALLT/MLIS Coordinated Degree)
- Spanish and Portuguese
(for Spanish Translation, double concentrations, and joint MALLT/MLIS Coordinated Degree)
And a joint degree program with the Master's in Library and Information Science in the School of Information Studies.
- Pursue advanced study in your chosen discipline
- Develop your research and analytical skills
- Expand your interests beyond national and linguistics borders
- Design your plan of study under the guidance of your major professor
- Combine courses from various disciplines to meet your professional goals
Designed to meet the needs of:
- Teachers, translators, and other professionals using world languages in their work
- Students continuing for a Ph.D. in languages, literatures, linguistics, or translation
Congratulations to Alaina Sylla, the UWM Graduate School's featured student in February 2012!
Read all about Alaina's accomplishments in the M.A. in Language, Literature, and Translation program (Spanish to English track).