ProfessorOffice: EMS E473
Phone: (414) 229-6372
Ph.D., Wisconsin, 1976
M.A., Wisconsin, 1966
B.A., cum laude, Amherst College, 1965
American Mathematical Society Postdoctoral fellow, Princeton University, 1976-77
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Co-Organizer, 2009 Annual Workshop on Geometric Topology
- Co-Organizer, 2008 Spring Topology and Dynamics Conference
- Senior Personnel, "Milwaukee Mathematics Partnership," National Science Foundation Grant, 2003-2008
- Evolution of genetic potential, PLOS Computational Biology 1 (2005), 236-243, with L. A. Meyers and M. Lachmann.
- On the cell-like equivalence of Croke-Kleiner group boundaries, Proceedings of the Eighteenth Annual Workshop in Geometric Topology (Oregon State University, June, 2001), with C. Guilbault and J. Wilson.
- Cones that are cells, and applications to hyperspaces, Topology and its Applications 98 (1999), 19-33, with Sam B. Nadler, Jr.