Office: EMS E487
Phone: (414) 229-5270
Ph.D. Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1999
M.S. Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1995
Postdoc, Department of Biostatistics, University of Zürich, 2001-2004
Research Fellow, Department of Mathematics, University of Buenos Aires, 1996-1999
- Functional Data Analysis (i.e. statistical analysis of samples of functions)
- Robust Statistics (i.e. outlier-resistant estimation methods)
- Nonparametric Statistics
- Multivariate Analysis
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Robust functional estimation using the spatial median and spherical principal components. Biometrika 95 (2008), 587-600.
- Choosing principal components: a new graphical method based on Bayesian model selection. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 37 (2008), 962-977, with P. Auer.
- Logistic discrimination with total variation regularization. Communications in Statistics - Simulation and Computation, 37 (2008), 1825-1838, with R. Rühlicke.