Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA, February 1999.
B.A., Physics, Yale University, New Haven, CT, May 1992.
Postdoctoral Fellow, CIRA, Colorado State, 1999-2000
- Numerical analysis: Computational fluid dynamics.
- Statistics: Monte Carlo simulation; Parameter estimation.
- Atmospheric modeling.
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Associate Editor of Monthly Weather Review, 2005.
- Mixed-phase layer clouds in the Arctic and mid-latitudes, UW-Milwaukee Research Growth Initiative Award, 2008-2009.
- Co-Investigator, Multiscale modeling of aerosol impacts on clouds and precipitatio, NASA grant, 2007-2009.
- The vertical profile of liquid and ice water content in mid-latitude mixed-phase altocumulus clouds, J. Applied Meteorology and Climatology, (2008) 47, 2487-2495, with L. D. Carey, J. Niu, P. Yang, J. A. Kankiewicz, and T. H. Vonder Haar.
- An idealized model of the one-dimensional carbon dioxide rectifier effect, Tellus B, 60B, 525-536, with H. Volkmer.
- Elucidating model inadequacies in a cloud parameterization by use of an ensemble-based calibration framework, Monthly Weather Review, (2007) 135, 4077--4096, with J.-C. Golaz, J. A. Hansen, D. P. Schanen, and B. M. Griffin.