Ph.D., Mathematics, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, 1984.
B.Sc., Mathematics, Imperial College, London, 1978.
- Functional Analysis
- Differential Equation
- Mathematical Physics
- Mathematics Education
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Co-Principle Investigator, Milwaukee Mathematics Partnership (MMP), NSF Mathematics and Science Partnership Grant, 2002-2009.
- Principle Investigator, Milwaukee Mathematics Partnership PHase II(MMP), NSF Mathematics and Science Partnership Grant.
- Principle Investigator, Mathematics Fellowships for Middle Grades Teachers, UW system WITQ grant, 2007-2009
- Univeristy of Wisconsin-Milwaukee mathematics focus courses: mathematics content for elementary and middle grades teachers, (200&0 iJMEST, 38, 946-962, with DeAnn Huniker.
- Mathematics Support Teachers in Middle and High Schools, in Adolescent Learning Toolkit, Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction, 297-309, with DeAnn Huinker.
- Analyzing the effects of bubbles, inlet-pipe expansion, and mold deflection on the mold-filling process in liquid composite molding. Part 3: existence, uniqueness and convergence of solutions, submitted to SIAM J. of Applied Mathematics, 2004, with Krishna Pillai.