Ph.D., Meteorology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, 1991
M.S., Meteorology, Massachusetts Inst. of Technology, Cambridge, MA, USA, 1983
B.Sc., Meteorology, McGill University, Montreal, Quebec, Canada, 1981
Postdoctoral Research Associate, SUNY at Albany, 1992-1993
- Synoptic and mesoscale meteorology
- Climate dynamics
- Data analysis
- Numerical weather prediction
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Initiative Administrator of Innovative Weather.
- Reducing forecast uncertainty to improve understanding of atmospheric flow transitions, NSF Grant, 2008-2011, with A. Tsonis.
- Resolving severe weather impacts of global climate change, UWM Research Growth Initiative III Grant, 2008.
- Lake Michigan Offshore Wind Forecasts and Near Real-time Wind Measurements to 100 meters at Racine Reef Lighthouse, We Energies Grant, 2008-2010.
- Vortex-driven sensitivity in deformation flow. Journal of Atmospheric Science 12, 3819--3839, with Z. Liu.
- The fiftieth anniversary of Sanders (1955): A mesoscale model simulation of the cold front of 17-18 April 1953. Fred Sanders Symposium Volume, 127--143, with D. M. Schultz.
- The impact of analysis error on medium range weather forecasts, Monthly Weather Review 136, 3425--3431, with K. Swanson.