Ph.D., Dept. of Meteorology, McGill University, Montreal, 1982
M.S., Dept. of Meteorology, McGill University, Montreal, 1979
B.S., Physics and Mathematics, Aristotelian University, Thessaloniki, Greece 1976
Post-doctoral Fellow at the Atmospheric Environmental Service, Downsview, Ontario, 1982-85
- Two-year Fellowship awarded by the Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada (1982-84).
- UWM Foundation/Graduate School Research Award, 1996.
- UWM Distinguished Undergraduate Teaching Award, 2004.
Areas of Interest
- Nonlinear Dynamics, Chaos
- Climate Dynamics, Global Change
- Nonlinear Prediction, Predictability
- Data Analysis, Networks
Selected Service, Projects, and Publications
- Randomnicity: Rules and randomness in the realms of the infinite. 2008, Imperial College Press.
- Has the climate recently shifted? Geophysical Research Letters, 36, (2009), with K. L. Swanson.
- Dynamical changes in the ENSO system in the last 11,000 years, Climate Dynamics, (2008) DOI 10.1007/s00382-008-0469-4
- The pacemaker of major climate shifts, Geophysical Research Letters, 36, (2009), DOI 10.1029/2008GL036874, with G. Wang and K. L. Swanson.