Apply to MSP
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2016! A spring start option is not available for this program.
The MSP is an intensive full two year program, including summers. Prospective students are strongly encouraged to contact faculty or staff to discuss the program requirements prior to submitting an application. If interested, please send an email with your contact information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must meet all UWM Graduate School Admission Requirements to be considered for the program.
Education, skills, experience, and interests will collectively determine a student's admission to the program. Factors that will be considered during the application review include a student's:
- Bachelor's degree and post-baccalaureate course work
- Grade point average for the last two years of academic course work
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores from within the last five years, if submitted
- Prior experiences and career goals, in particular how these correspond to the goals of the program
- Proficiency in writing
- Professional and/or academic recommendations
- Experience studying, working, or traveling abroad
- Foreign language study or knowledge
- Experience or interest in bridging natural sciences, social sciences, and humanities
Applicants must submit materials to both the Graduate School and the Master of Sustainable Peacebuilding program. Below is a list of required/suggested materials to be submitted and where. You may also download the checklist.
Submit to the Graduate School
- To apply go to the UWM Graduate School/UW-System Online Application. On the application page you will need to create an account and log in. Select "UW-Milwaukee" and "Sustainable Peacebuilding" for your institution and program options.
- Application processing fee
- One copy of transcripts (directly from each institution attended)
- Reasons Statement , which must articulate applicant's interests and goals and how the Master of Sustainable Peacebuilding will contribute to his/her personal and/or professional development
- Graduate Record Examination scores (recommended, not required)
- University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee code = 1473
- Interdisciplinary Studies code = 5101
Submit to the Master of Sustainable Peacebuilding Program
- Two letters of recommendation from persons familiar with the applicant's academic or professional work, preferably one academic and one professional (as a hard copy in sealed, signed envelope — OR, as a pdf attachment emailed directly from reference's email address)
- A writing sample that demonstrates the applicant's critical thinking, research, and writing skills as well as the applicant's ability to think across disciplines
- A current resume that clearly articulates the applicant's professional, international, and intercultural experiences; and language exposure and proficiencies
- Assistantship Application, if you would like to be considered for a Teaching or Project Assistantship
Mail or email the above materials to:
- Master of Sustainable Peacebuilding Program
Lapham Hall S364
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
PO Box 413
Milwaukee, WI 53201
Additional Materials for International Applicants
International Applicants may be required to submit additional materials. More information is available through UWM's Center for International Education.
Note: GRE scores are recommended, but not required. Students with less competitive GPAs are strongly encouraged to submit GRE scores to demonstrate competency/preparedness for the program.