Tuition and Funding
MSP students will register for 8 credits each Fall/Winterim and Spring Semesters, and 6 credits each Summer Semester. UWM tuition rates.
Scholarships and Fellowships
The MSP program has limited resources to financially support its students. While assistantships and internal scholarships may be available, these opportunities are not guaranteed. Students are strongly advised to seek support independently and to begin exploring opportunities as early as possible. Resources and opportunities available at UWM include:
- The Advanced Opportunity Program (AOP) fellowship for students who are under-represented in graduate study or otherwise disadvantaged.* To be considered for a nomination, a complete AOP application must be submitted by the MSP application deadline.
- The Milwaukee Idea Economic Development (MIED) fellows program, which connects returning Peace Corps or Americorps volunteers with a Milwaukee community development organization.*
- The UWM Graduate School maintains a database of external funding opportunities.
- The Center for International Education has information on external funding opportunities for international students.
- The UWM Financial Aid Office can provide information on financial aid, including loans, scholarships, military benefits, etc. Staff at Financial Aid can also discuss tuition payment plans with students, if available.
*Applicants are advised to contact the units administering the fellowships directly to learn about application requirements.
Teaching assistantships may be available to select students. Project assistantships may also be available. Application materials, including an Assistantship Application must be received by January 11th to be considered for these opportunities.
Research Assistantships may be available at UWM, but are not arranged through the MSP. RA opportunities are available directly through faculty members working on various grant-funded research projects. Students must contact faculty members directly to learn about these opportunities.