Criminal Background Checks
- Other Pages
- Frequently Asked Questions about CBC's
In December of 2006, the Board of Regents of the University of Wisconsin System mandated UW System campuses to perform criminal background checks on all newly hired employees.
To that end, on April 15, 2008, UWM announced its criminal background check policy, which can be viewed http://www4.uwm.edu/hr/toolkits/cbc/ .
The policy applies to:
- all new hires
- people who were last employed at UWM a year or more ago
- Please note this includes people who have been previously involved at UWM but were not employees in the previous year (i.e. Chancellor's Fellows, Graduate Research Assistants)
The purpose of this web page is to provide forms and other guidance for College staff who are involved in running the criminal background checks.
If you have questions about the policy, when a check is required, or any other related issue, please contact Assistant Dean Chuck Schumacher (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Personnel Representative Linda Daley (email@example.com).
Criminal Background Check Forms and Definitions
- Employee Type Definitions: How do I know which form to use?
- Academic Staff Consent Form
- Adjunct Academic Staff Consent Form
- Classified Staff Consent Form
- Faculty Consent Form
- Limited Consent Form
- LTE Consent Form
- Other Hires Consent Form
- Student Consent Form
- Template letter sent to finalist