Select Publications - see CV/biosketch for complete list
- MA Roggenbuck, RD Walker,JW Catenacci, SK Patch, "Thermoacoustic Imaging over Large Fields of View," Ultrasonic Imaging, accepted for publication.
- D Li, YS Jung, HK Kim, J Chen, DA Geller, MV Shuba, SA Maksimenko, S Patch, E Forati, and George W. Hanson, "The Effect of Sample Holder Geometry on Electromagnetic Heating of Nanoparticle and NaCl Solutions at 13.56 MHz," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 59(12), pp. 3468-3474, (2012).
- SK Patch, N Rao, H Kelly, K Jacobsohn, and WA See, "Specific heat capacity of freshly excised prostate specimens," Physiological Measurement, 32, N55-64, (2011).
- A Eckhart, R Balmer, W See, SK Patch, "Ex Vivo Thermoacoustic Imaging over Large Fields of View with 108 MHz Irradiation," IEEE Transactions on Biomedical Engineering, 58(8), pp. 2238 - 2246, (2011).
- D. Fallon, L. Yan, G.W.Hanson, S.K. Patch, "RF Testbed for Thermoacoustic Tomography," Review of Scientific Instruments, 80, #064301, (2009).
- GW Hanson, SK Patch, "Optimum Heating of Nanoparticle Thermal Contrast Agents at RF Frequencies," Journal of Applied Physics, 106, #054309, (2009).
- B. Treeby, B. Cox, E.Z. Zhang, S.K. Patch, P.C. Beard, "Measurement of broadband temeprature-dependent ultrasonic attenuation and dispersion using photoacoustics," IEEE Trans. Ultrasonics, Ferroelectrics, & Freq. Control, 58(8), pp. 1666-1676, (2009).
- S.K. Patch and O. Scherzer, "Photo- and Thermo-Acoustic Imaging," Inverse Problems, 23 no 6, pp. S01-S10, (2007)
- S. K. Patch, "Thermaocoustic Tomography - Consistency Conditinos and the Partial Scan Problem," Physics in Medicine & Biology, 49 no 11, pp. 2305 – 2315, (2004) *
- D. Finch, S. K. Patch, Rakesh, "Determining a Function from its Mean Values over Spheres," SIAM J. Math. Anal., 35 no 5, pp. 1213-1240, (2003).
- S. K. Patch, "Consistency Conditions upon 3D CT Data and the Wave Equation," Physics in Medicine & Biology, 47 no 15, pp. 2637-2650, (2002).*
- S. K. Patch, "Computation of Unmeasured 3rd Generation VCT Views from Measured Views," IEEE-Transactions in Medical Imaging, 21 no 7, (2002).
- S. K. Patch, “Moment Conditions Indirectly Improve Image Quality,” Contemporary Mathematics, 278, pp. 193-205, (2000).*
- S. K. Patch, "Diffuse Tomography Modulo Grassmann and Laplace," Journal of Mathematical Physics, 37, no. 7, pp. 3283-3305, (1996).
- S. K. Patch, "Recursive Recovery of a family of Markov Transition Probabilities from Boundary Value Data," Journal of Mathematical Physics, 36, no. 7, pp. 3395-3412, (1995).
- S. K. Patch, "Consistency Conditions in Diffuse Tomography," Inverse Problems, 10, no.1, pp. 199-212, (1994).
* denotes a special proceedings issue of a refereed journal.
- S. K. Patch, "Photoacoustic and Thermoacoustic Tomography: Consistency Conditions and the Partial Scan Problem," Photoacoustic Imaging and Spectroscopy, L.V. Wang ed., CRC Press, pp. 103-116, (2009).
- S. K. Patch, “k-space Data Preprocessing for Artifact Reduction in MRI,” Radiological Society of North America 2005-2007 Categorical Course in Diagnostic Radiology Physics.
- S. K. Patch, “Recursive Solution for Diffuse Tomographic Systems of Arbitrary Size,” Discrete Tomography: Foundations, Algorithms, and Applications, in Appl. Numer. Harmon. Anal., G.T. Herman and A. Kuba, eds., Birkhauser, pp. 435-454, (1999)