Political Science Minor Requirements
A minor in the Department of Political Science is particularly suited to students with a major in a related social science discipline, such as International Relations, History, Sociology, or Economics. Of course, it may also be of interest to students in other departments as well.
Requirements for the Minor
- At least 18 credits in Political Science
- At least 9 of those 18 credits must be in upper-division courses (courses numbered 300 and above)
- Work must include courses from at least TWO of the four subfields of Political Science which include American Politics, Comparative Politics, International Politics, and Political Theory. Students should consult the most current version of the Undergraduate Catalog to determine which courses fall into which subfields.
- A 2.5 GPA in all Political Science courses
Declaring a Minor in Political Science
We're glad you made the decision to minor in political science! In order to declare your new political science minor, just follow these simple steps:
- Obtain an unofficial transcript from Enrollment Services (MEL 274) or print from your PAWS account.
- Fill out the “Declaration of Minor” form, which can be found in Bolton 674.
- Schedule a meeting with one of the political science advisors (Click on Undergraduate Advising Hours to email or call to make an appointment).
- Meet with an advisor, determine your course plan, and declare your minor.
- You should also consult with an L&S advisor about general education and college requirements. The Political Science advisors are not trained to help you with those requirements. They can be reached at x4654 in Holton Hall 142.