Giving to Psychology
Thank you for considering ways to make a difference!
Perhaps you studied with a special faculty member or have a general interest in psychology. Whatever your motivation, there are many ways you can directly make a difference. Your donation can support the department in general, nourish a specific research area or help a student with tuition.
Any level of giving is appreciated. You can make a difference in these areas:
- Undergraduate scholarships or graduate student fellowships
- Psychology Department - General Support
- Clinical Psychology – Behavior Analysis. We study depression, OCD-spectrum disorders, HIV/AIDS prevention, repetitive behavior disorders and more.
- Clinical Psychology – Health. We study anxiety disorders, PTSD, pediatric feeding, community violence, child abuse and more.
- Clinical Psychology – Neuroscience. We study rehabilitation, learning disabilities, neuropsychology, forensic neuropsychology and more.
- Experimental Psychology – Behavior Analysis. We study choice behavior, instructional design to help adults and children learn various skills, self-awareness and more.
- Experimental Psychology – Health. We study stress, aging, social support, adherence to treatment and more.
- Experimental Psychology – Neuroscience. We study the neurobiology of aging and memory; exercise and memory; exercise and learning; pain; addiction and more.
Give On Line
Click the "Make a Gift" button below to access the UWM Give Online page. A new browser window will open. Again, click the "Make a Gift" button on that page to open the giving form. Where it asks for Gift Designation, please select “Letters & Science.” Where it asks for Additional Designation, please indicate Psychology scholarships/fellowships, Psychology general support, or Psychology research. If you select Psychology research, we will contact you to learn more details and ensure your gift reaches the lab that best matches your interests.
Additionally, if your gift is in honor or in memory of someone, or if you wish to remain anonymous, let us know in the “Special Instructions” box.
Give by Check
Please make your check or money order payable to "The UWM Foundation." Send to:
- 3230 E. Kenwood Blvd.
- Milwaukee, WI 53211
Give by Phone
Make a gift or pledge over the phone by calling the UWM Foundation at 1-800-654-0434 or 414-906-4640. We will also ask you which area(s) you would like to support.
Please contact Stephanie Ackerman, Director of Major and Planned Giving, to discuss how UWM can honor your legacy through your estate plan.
- (414) 229-2175, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate and Foundation Giving
Please contact Ron Kotecki to discuss corporate or foundation funding for any of our programs.
- 414-229-3019, or email@example.com
General Questions, Naming Opportunities, Endowed Chairs or Other Major Gifts
Please contact Christina Makal, Development Director, for any additional information about supporting the Psychology Department.
- 414-229-4963, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our students and researchers appreciate your gift!