Henry W. Maier State of Milwaukee Summit
2014 Henry W. Maier State of Milwaukee Summit - Home and Garden: Can Urban Agriculture Save our Neighborhoods?
- Thursday, November 20th
4 pm - 6:30 pm
UWM Edith S. Hefter Conference Center
3271 N. Lake Drive, Milwaukee WI
Event poster (pdf)
Summit program (pdf)
Press Release (pdf)
The goal of the panel is to discuss the impact of urban agriculture and community gardens on neighborhoods and housing. What is working? What are the limitations?
- Dr. Jennifer Jordan, Sociology and Urban Studies, UWM
- Sharon and Larry Adams, Walnut Way Conservation Corp.
- Dr. Michael Carriere, History, MSOE
- Antoine Carter, Program Manager, Milwaukee UrbanGardens
- Tim McCollow, HomeGrown Project Manager, City of Milwaukee
- LaDonna Redmond, Campaign for Food Justice Now, Minneapolis
The panel discussion will be followed by a Q&A and reception. This event is free and open to the public.