Students interested in completing an internship as part of their certificate or major should download the internship form and review the internship requirements. Then complete the top portion of the internship agreement, have the intern supervisor complete their part of the internship agreement (along with their offer letter, if applicable), and schedule a time to meet with the Associate Director to go over the internship.
The Urban Studies Program does not have a formal internship program, but students may approach community organizations or governmental agencies on their own. A number of students have returned to service learning sites they had as a student in Urban Studies 150 for longer internships.
The Institute for Service Learning can be a good source of organizations that might offer an internship.
- Past Internships in Urban Studies:
- Sierra Club
- La Casa de Esperanza
- Center for Urban Initiatives and Research
- Waukesha County Planning Department
- Greater Milwaukee Foundation/Milwaukee Succeeds Program
- Dept of Public Health, Office of Violence Prevention