Financial Support Available
to Women's Studies Graduate Students
The Graduate School currently offers two fellowships for full-time Master’s-level graduate study
(see Fellowship Compliance).
- The Distinguished Graduate Student Fellowship (DGSF) for new and continuing UWM graduate students. The GSF is a one-year, non-renewable fellowship.
- The Advanced Opportunity (AOP) Fellowship for new and continuing qualified UWM graduate students who are members of groups underrepresented in graduate study or who are otherwise disadvantaged. Applicants must be American citizens or permanent residents of the United States. The AOP is renewable.
These fellowships provide recipients with a monthly stipend for the academic year, coverage of in-state tuition and remission of out-of-state tuition (for students who are not residents of the State of Wisconsin). Recipients will also be eligible to enroll in state- sponsored health insurance.
Please consult your graduate degree program for its submission deadlines to any of these fellowships. Follow the directions provided in each application form.
- AOP Fellowship Application, Deadline: Check with your program.
- AOP Fellowship renewal Application, Deadline: Check with your program.
- For more information about the AOP fellowships and applications, contact Desere Liddell at email@example.com, or (414) 229-6538.
- Distinguished Graduate Student Fellowship Application, Deadline: Check with your program.
- For more information about the Distinguished Graduate Student, contact Vicky Everson at firstname.lastname@example.org, or (414) 229- 7177.
- Women's Studies offers two 33% graduate teaching assistantships. To apply, prospective students should include a statement (describing previous teaching experience and/or reasons for teaching) with their application materials sent to the Women's Studies Program.
- Women's Studies also has two need-based scholarships for which graduate students are eligible. Scholarship decisions are made each spring. Contact Women's Studies for applications.