Awards and Scholarships
Women's Studies Call for Scholarship Applicants
Women's Studies will administer the following scholarship:
- Women’s Studies Scholarship
Amount: One (1) $1,000 scholarship to be awarded for the Fall 2015-16 academic year
- Florence L. Healy Scholarship in Women's Studies
Amount: Two (2) $2,500 scholarship to be awarded for the Fall 2015-16 academic year
- Open to full-time undergraduate students who have achieved sophomore, junior, or senior status, or graduate students whose research interests focus on women's or gender issues.
- Applicants must have demonstrated financial need. As part of the application, applicants must submit either a copy of last year's tax return (i.e. 2014) or send a request to the Department of Financial Aid to release their (i.e., the applicant's) financial information to Women's Studies (a form for this option is included with the application). All information will be kept confidential.
- Applicants must have a minimum 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA. A copy of school transcripts is required. For UWM students, unofficial transcripts are acceptable and available free of charge in Mellencamp Hall, Room 274. Newly admitted students should submit appropriate documentation of prior education.
- List two references, at least one of whom must be a faculty member (unless you have not been enrolled for more than five years). Letters should be sent directly to Women’s Studies at the address listed below.
- Applicants must submit a typed personal statement of no more than 250 words that discusses how a Women's Studies Scholarship would address the financial obligations associated with meeting their educational and career goals.
- Applicants must submit a completed application form.
Preference will be given to:
- Students who have completed at least one Women’s Studies course.
- May 4, 2015
Return Application to:
- Women's Studies Scholarship Committee
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Women's Studies Program
P.O. Box 413
NWQ Building B, #7585
Milwaukee, WI 53201
- FAX: (414) 229-6855
To send via email please call (414) 229-5918 for more information.
Questions? Contact Women’s Studies at (414) 229-5918. All information will be kept confidential.