- Faculty Requests
- Finding Items Online
- Creating Digital Files
- The Madison Server
- Writing Source Code
- ****** Final Checklist
Creating digital files from CDs
Step 1: Insert the source CD and open iTunes
- Insert the source CD - the one that has track(s) on it that you need - into the computer’s CD drive
- If an auto play window opens click the circle next to Select an action to perform, click Show songs using iTunes, then click OK.
- If the CD opens in another media player close that player and open iTunes manually through the Start Menu by clicking:
Start > All Programs > iTunes > iTunes.
- If you receive a message about importing the entire CD into your iTunes library make sure the check box next to do not ask again is checked and then click NO.
Step 2: Import track(s) onto the computer
- On the left side of the screen click the CD you put in the computer under the category “Devices.” After clicking on the disc you should see its content on the right side of the screen.
Note: iTunes can find the track names and titles for most commercial CDs; but, if iTunes can’t find the CD information (this is most likely to happen with burned CDs) the disc will be listed as something like “Untitled” or “Audio CD.”
- Rename the tracks now
Click and drag the tracks from the right side of the screen to Music on the left side of the screen under the category “LIBRARY.” (this actually copies tracks from the CD and encodes them to the desired file format. NOTE: Make sure your encoder is set to mp3)
Itunes>edit>preferences>general>import settings>mp3 encoder
- You can select more than one track at a time by holding down Ctrl while clicking. Then you can click and drag any one of the highlighted tracks to drag them all to the playlist at once.
- You can “join” adjacent tracks (that is combine multiple tracks into a single track) by selecting the tracks you want to join and then choosing Advanced > Join CD Tracks from the toolbar at the top of the screen.
- If you need to get tracks from another CD(s) remove the current CD from the computer, insert the next disc and repeat step 3. If you receive a message about importing the entire CD into your iTunes library make sure the check box next to do not ask again is checked and then click N
Move files from itunes to desktop
Individually rename according to lib conventions
Upload to Madison (see Uploading…below)