PC and Mac Software
Programs are arranged in the same way as they are found under the "Start" Menu on UWM Libraries computers.
Jump To: Accessibility | Autocad | Geographic Information Systems | Graphics and Presentation | Internet Applications | Math and Statistics | Microsoft Office | Multimedia Applications | Utilities | Video and Audio Editing | Software under "Program Menu" | Macintosh Software
- JAWS is a screen reader for visually impaired users.
- Magnifier is a display utility that makes the computer screen more readable by people who have low vision by creating a separate window that displays a magnified portion of the screen.
- Narrator is a text-to-speech utility for people who are blind or have low vision
- On–Screen Keyboard is a utility that displays a virtual keyboard on the computer screen that allows people with mobility impairments to type data by using a pointing device or joystick.
- Utility Manager is an accessibility utility that enables users to check the status of accessibility programs (Microsoft Magnifier, Narrator, On-Screen Keyboard) and to start or stop them.
- AutoCAD is a software application for 2D and 3D design and drafting.
- ArcGIS is a suite of geographical information system software
- ERDAS IMAGINE is geospatial data authoring software
- IDRISI Taiga is an integrated GIS and Image Processing software
- Distiller converts Postscript files to PDF documents over a network
- Acrobat allows you to create and share PDF's
Flash is used to create animation and interactivity on web pages.
- This is a vector graphics editor that can be used for graphic design, page layout, logos, sharp-edged illustrations, technical illustrations, diagrams and flowcharts.
InDesign is a desktop publisher that can be used to create items like flyers, posters and brochures.
This is a server software product used to build applications that automate a broad range of business processes.
This is a graphics editing program that allows users to manipulate images.
- Core FTP is a secure FTP client
- PuTTY is an open source telnet and SSH Client.
- Stata is a command driven statistical software package
- Maple is a computer algebra system
- MATLAB is a numerical computer environment and programming language
- PASW is a program used for statistical analysis
- Wolfram Mathematica is a computational software program used in scientific, engineering, and mathematical fields
- Minitab is statistical software
- Access helps you track and report information
Microsoft Office Excel 2010 is a tool used to create and format spreadsheets, and analyze and share information in through formulas, charts, graphs and other features.
Microsoft Office PowerPoint is a presentation program that can be used to make outlines and visual aids.
Microsoft Office Publisher is a desktop publishing application that focuses on page layout and can be used to create fliers, brochures, newsletters, web sites and much more.
Microsoft Office Word is an authoring program where you can create and share documents by using a variety of writing and editing tools.
Office OneNote 2010 is a digital notebook to gather and organize notes and information in any format: text, pictures, digital handwriting, audio and video recordings. It also has a search tool and sharing features.
- iTunes is a digital media player application
- Quicktime is a digital media player capable of handling various formats of video, audio, and pictures
- Realplayer is a digital media player that handles a number of audio and video formats
- VLC media player is a digital media player that handles DVD's, CD's, web streams, and more.
- Windows Movie Maker is video creating and editing software
This program allows for the viewing and printing of PDF files.
- Calculator is basic calculation software included on all versions of windows
- Deepburner is an advanced CD and DVD burning application
- Notepad is a basic text editor you can use for simple documents or for creating Web pages.
- Paint is a drawing tool you can use to create simple or elaborate drawings.
- WordPad is a basic word processor that is included in Windows.
- ZipGenius is a zip compression application
- Audacity is an audio editor for recording, slicing, and mixing audio
- Cabri II Plus is software for the drawing of geometrical figures
- SketchUp is a 3D software tool that combines a tool-set with an intelligent drawing system
- McAfee is a software package for virus protection and internet security
- MicroCase is statistical analysis software developed specifically for use in the social sciences
- Firefox is a web browser
- OpenOffice is a free, open source suite of productivity software
- OpenSophie is software for writing and reading media documents
- Blender is an open source 3D modeling application
- Burn is an open source CD and DVD burning application
- DVD Player is a basic application for playing DVD's
- Font Book sorts and previews different fonts
- Fugu is a graphical frontend to the commandline Secure File Transfer application
- GanttProject is a cross-platform desktop tool for project scheduling and management.
- JellyfiSSH is a bookmark manager
- KeePassX saves many different information e.g. user names, passwords, urls, attachments and comments in one single database.
- Safari is a web browser
- Seashore is an open source image editor
- Second life is a 3D virtual world where users can socialize, connect and create using free voice and text chat.
- TrueCrypt is free open source encryption software
- X11 is an implementation of the X Window System that makes it possible to run X11-based applications in Mac OS X.