Do you need to write a data management plan for a grant proposal? Are you frustrated with disorganized research data? Are you organized but want to manage your data better? Data Services can help!
Data Services are a set of new campus services, starting in fall 2013, that support UWM-generated research data from collection through preservation. Data Services were created in response to new funder requirements for data management and to support UWM’s ongoing research mission.
UWM currently offers 2 services to support the management of campus research data.
- Data Management Plan Consultations
- Data Services can help you navigate data management plan requirements, find example plans from your field, and provide feedback on your written plan. If you've never written a data management plan or if you simply want advice on your latest, contact the Data Services Librarian at email@example.com for a consultation.
- Data Management Training
- Data Services currently offers training on data management and writing data management plans. We are also happy to address data management issues in a particular subject or for a particular course. Please contact the Data Services Librarian at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to schedule a session.
UWM Data Management Resources
- The DMPTool provides templates for creating data plans for a variety of funders.
- Graduate School Information on Developing a Data Management Plan
- This site covers many aspects of creating a data management plan and addresses best practices for data management.
- UWM Researcher Central
- This site contains resources for writing grant proposals and conducting research at UWM.
For more information about Data Services, please contact:
Data Services Librarian