The Daniel M. Soref Learning Commons is now open!
Golda Meir Library Renovation
View more renovation images on UWM Libraries 2009 Remodeling Flickr site
- Carpeting, and rubber and concrete flooring completed. Furniture delivered.
- Main desk set in place; new light fixtures hung in south and central area; ceiling tile in lobby and cafe installed; drywall completed.
- Second floor finished; technical services and business staff move in. Final demolition on first floor; majority of framing finished, including main desk, service desks, and cafe.
- January 2009
- Framing and new ceilings finished for second floor offices; demolition nearly completed on first floor.
December 21, 2008
- West wing entrance closes for construction. All first floor west wing staff and services move temporarily to east wing.
- Construction of Technical Services and Business staff offices begins on second floor west wing.
June to August 2008
- Multimedia Library merged with Current Periodicals in lower level west wing, and renamed Media Library. Interlibrary Loan office moves temporarily to first floor east wing.
March to June 2008
- Libraries transfer rarely used materials to off-site storage in preparation for renovation. More
June to December 2007
- Focus groups and architectural planning.