Program Cover Letter and Application
Program Application Checklist
2016-17 Program Flyer
Life Impact Program Commonly Asked Questions
The Life Impact Program is made possible by a generous grant from the Jane Bradley Pettit Foundation. The Life Impact Program
provides all participants with a $5,000 renewable scholarship as well as extensive support services specifically designed to meet
the unique needs of UWM students with children. All participants are expected to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and fulfill
various other program requirements meant to assist students with identifying and meeting academic, personal and professional goals.
Additional program information is available on-line at www.lifeimpact.uwm.edu.
Several UWM students will be selected to join the Life Impact Program for the 2016-2017 academic year. Only complete
application packets will be reviewed by the selection committee. Please read the application instructions carefully and utilize
the application checklist to ensure you have a complete application packet.
Amount of Award: $5,000 when enrolled full-time ($2,500 per semester)
To be considered for and accepted to the Life Impact Program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Parent with a dependent child or children.
- Accepted for admission as a first time freshman or new undergraduate transfer student for the 2016-2017
academic year or a continuing UWM undergraduate student eligible to register for the Fall 2016 term. *
- Demonstrated financial need. Filing of 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required if not
already completed. Students eligible for the Federal Pell grant will be given priority consideration. The FAFSA
application is available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Program preferences include:
- Preference for single parents.
- Preference to applicants with a current undergraduate GPA or high school GPA of 2.50 or better.
- Preference to students pursuing a first Bachelor's degree.
- Preference to full-time students.
- Preference for students who have at least two semesters remaining at UWM before completing their undergraduate degree.
*You may simultaneously apply to the Life Impact Program while you are applying for admission to UWM and filing your FAFSA.
Your application to Life Impact may not
be considered if you fail to complete either processes in a timely fashion.
||All Applications Must be received no later than:
||You will be notified of your program status by:
||If selected, you would begin in the program by:
||May 13, 2016
||July 1, 2016
||August 23, 2016
||December 16, 2016
||January 27, 2017
||January 30, 2017
- We accept applications year-round. Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply by the priority deadline due to the selectivity of the Life Impact Program and limited number of available awards.
- Finalists may be invited to a personal interview.
- All applicants will be notified of their status by mail.
- Applications can be submitted via mail, fax, email or in person. Please refer to page 4 of the application for details.