Program Cover Letter and Application
Program Application Checklist
2014-15 Program Flyer
Life Impact Program Commonly Asked Questions
The Life Impact Program is made possible by a generous grant from the Jane Bradley Pettit Foundation. The Life Impact Program
provides all participants with a $5,000 renewable scholarship as well as extensive support services specifically designed to meet
the unique needs of UWM students with children. All participants are expected to maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA and fulfill
various other program requirements meant to assist students with identifying and meeting academic, personal and professional goals.
Additional program information is available on-line at www.lifeimpact.uwm.edu.
Several UWM students will be selected to join the Life Impact Program for the 2014-2015 academic year. Only complete
application packets will be reviewed by the selection committee. Please read the application instructions carefully and utilize
the application checklist to ensure you have a complete application packet.
Amount of Award: $5,000 when enrolled full-time ($2,500 per semester)
To be considered for and accepted to the Life Impact Program, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Parent with a dependent child or children.
- Accepted for admission as a first time freshman or new undergraduate transfer student for the 2013-2014
academic year or a continuing UWM undergraduate student eligible to register for the fall 2013 term. *
- Demonstrated financial need. Filing of 2014-15 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is required if not
already completed. Students eligible for the Federal Pell grant will be given priority consideration. The FAFSA
application is available on-line at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Program preferences include:
- Preference for single parents.
- Preference to applicants with a current undergraduate GPA or high school GPA of 2.50 or better.
- Preference to students pursuing a first Bachelor's degree.
- Preference to full-time students.
*You may simultaneously apply to the Life Impact Program while you are applying for admission to UWM and filing your FAFSA.
Your application to Life Impact may not
be considered if you fail to complete either processes in a timely fashion.
- We accept applications year-round. However, the priority deadline is March 4th, 2014. Applications
received by this date will be screened and reviewed for eligibility at this time. If space remains available, applications may
be accepted beyond the March 4th, 2014 priority deadline.
If space remains available, applications may be accepted beyond the March 4th, 2014 priority deadline.
- Finalists may be invited to a personal interview.
- All applicants will be notified of their status between March 4th, 2014 and July 1st, 2014.
- If selected, program participants will officially begin August 22nd, 2014.
Applications can be returned to the Life Impact Program Office, Mellencamp Hall Room 104. Additional contact information
is listed on the bottom of the application, if you have any follow-up concerns or would like to mail in your application.