Enrollment: You must be an Architecture major to enroll in the Architecture LLC.
Great Choice For You If:
- You’re majoring in Architecture
- To help aspiring architects learn how to compose and analyze space and understand how and why the process of space creation changed according to time and materials. The Architecture LLC offers an active approach to spatial compositions through theoretical analysis and three-dimensional applications, enhancing the architectonic background of aspiring architects from the very beginning.
- Engaging in creative analytical and space making activities with people from a variety of backgrounds. Activities are centered on projects that analyze and create both deep and shallow space. The projects will form the basis for further investigations of issues touching on sustainability, structure and culture among others.
- Fall semester: Architecture 190: Seeing and Analyzing Space (3 credits)
- Spring semester: Architecture 190: Creating Spatial Organization (3 credits)
In Their Own Words:
Kyle Bilot, Former LLC Mentor:
“The Architecture LLC gives students the unique learning opportunity to prepare for their future de- sign studios through hands on site visits, building analysis, as well as chances to work closely with SARUP faculty and local firms.”
Giuseppe Mazzone, LLC Faculty:
“Thanks to a careful composition of the LLC syllabi, the Architecture LLC aims to enhance the quality of the learning process. We don't want to just teach, but engage students in an active approach to architecture, showing them how to translate their own ideas into physical shapes.”
Last updated: 11/25/2013