Global Connections (A member of the Global Village)
Great Choice for You If:
- You have a general interest in international issues
- You are interested in a major or minor in Global or International Studies
- You want to add an international perspective to any other major - from Global Health to International Media
- You want to gain tools and networks that will take your skills and knowledge from ordinary to extraordinary
Engage students in hands-on learning inside and outside of the classroom that builds intercultural intelligence and understanding, and promotes international exchange. Strengthen leadership skills through student collaboration, globally focused coursework, and shared cultural experiences. Develop an international lens to be more prepared for the challenges of a globalized workplace.
- Enjoying cultural events, film screenings and celebrating international holidays
- Making intercultural connections
- Learning about working, interning or studying abroad
- Discussing global issues
- Seeing experts on global issues speak on campus
- Living in a multicultural environment with U.S. and international students
- Preparing foods from around the world
- Fall Semester: Global 101-People and Politics, 3 credits (counts as GER: Social Science)
- Spring Semester: Global 299-Global Success in Work and Life, 3 credits
In Their Own Words:
Elizabeth Ann Chizek, LLC Student:
“This LLC is such a great way to meet new people and learn about different cultures! It is so much fun!"
“I like being able to do activities with my LLC and having the opportunity to talk with students in Japan."
Caitlin Schwerdtfeger, LLC Student:
Natalie Vang, LLC Mentor:
"Being part of the LLC is a great opportunity for students and for myself personally, as it is a fun, engaging, learning experience."
Veronica Lundback, LLC Instructor:
"Living abroad and working in a multinational environment has opened doors and lead to opportunities I never thought existed, and allowed me to meet people that enriched my life."
Last Updated: 11/25/13