Great Choice for You If:
- You intend to major in Education, Political Science, or Social Welfare/Social Work
- You might want to work in the non-profit sector
- You want to be a leader in the community
- You are interested in obtaining the Community Leadership Certificate
- Attending overnight student leadership
retreat where we will do ropes courses, team building exercises, personality inventories, and networking with students.
- Going on class trips to the Urban Ecology Center
- Working with kids, volunteering at food pantries and various community-based organizations.
- Fall Course: Educational Policy 315 – Leadership, Group Process and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- Spring Course: Educational Policy 111 - Organizing for Social Action (3 credits)
In Their Own Words:
Taylor Leiske, LLC member:
“I enjoy the LLC because it is more than a class we just learn in. All of us have joined together to
accomplish similar goals and during that process our class has created special bonds that you could not achieve in other courses.”
JC Cudemos, LLC member:
“The LLC made my transition into dorm life much easier. Everyone in my class was on my floor. This is probably the most hands-on class I have ever taken. Rather than just reading endless chapters, I was able to go out there and put what I learned into practice. We worked on improving our community through many activities.”
Dr. Laurie Marks, LLC Instructor:
"I have loved working with the LLC students in the classroom. They have shown a passion for leadership, community and personal development. Each year, I see students who are already passionate about these issues become skilled in making change and leadership for the greater good."
Last updated: 11/16/2012