Education and Leadership
Great Choice for You If:
- You intend to major in Education, Political Science, or Social Welfare/Social Work
- You might want to work in the non-profit sector
- You want to be a leader in the community
- You are interested in obtaining the Community Leadership Certificate
- Attending overnight student leadership
retreat where we will do ropes courses, team building exercises, personality inventories, and networking with students.
- Going on class trips to the Urban Ecology Center
- Working with kids, volunteering at food pantries and various community-based organizations.
- Fall Semester: Educational Policy 315 – Leadership, Group Process and Civic Engagement (3 credits)
- Spring Semester: Currins 312-Intro to Early Childhood Education or Currins 233-Intro to Children's & Young Adult Literature
In Their Own Words:
Dakota Crowell, LLC Student:
"I love being in the Community Leadership LLC because it gave me a chance to meet other people outside my major and let me continue to give back to the community. I made some close friendships being in the LLC."
Dr. Laurie Marks, LLC Instructor:
"Teaching the leadership course is a meaningful part of my work; the LLC model allows me to spend more time with a small group of people who are self-selecting to be change agents and community leaders both while in college and after they graduate."
Last updated: 11/25/2013