Writing and Visual Culture
Great Choice For You If:
- You’re required to take English 101 or English 102
- You’re interested in visual culture and the arts
To explore the ways in which writing helps us think about visual things, visual communication, and visual composition and to provide a new way to think about writing.
- Attending events at the Peck School of the Arts and the INOVA gallery
- Visiting the Milwaukee Art Museum
- Taking walking tours of the community and local architecture
- Studying historical photography, films, and digital gaming.
- English 101 (3 credits)
- English 102 - Researching Communities and Visual Culture (3 credits)
You will be enrolled in a course based on your placement testing scores.
In Their Own Words:
Alee Vang, LLC member:
“Being in the LLC allows you to have a personal relationship with other students as well as the teacher which ultimately help you succeed in class.“
Nic Learned, LLC Instructor:
“Students benefit from getting to know one another better than they would in a typical classroom-only setting.“
Dennis A. Lynch
Last Updated: 11/16/2012