Welcome to the Language Resource Center
- From October 31st to November 2nd, 2013, LRC graduate assistants Greicy Katerine Martinez Cruz and Maria Del Pilar Fernandez Pedraza will be presenting at the 2013 Wisconsin Association For Language Teachers Fall Conference at the Radisson Paper Valley Hotel, Appleton, Wisconsin. For more information on the conference, please click here. There session will be titled: Designing Effective Online Oral Activities: How to Improve the Use of Digital Tools to Develop Oral Skills.
- Spring 2013: the ESL Testing Lab in Curtin B97 remodelling and new touchscreen PCs installation is now complete!
- Congratulations to sophomore, Samantha Wanta, who received an Undergraduate Research Fellows (SURF) award from UWM's Office of Undergraduate Research for Summer 2013. Samantha will be working under Barbara Merten-Brugger (German Program, FLL) on a project concerning e-learning strategies for vocabulary and grammar acquisition in a second language.
- In Spring 2013 the UW-Milwaukee Advisory Committee on Educational Technology awarded the LRC with
$16,975 to fund our proposal, "Student Centered Smart Classrooms for Languages".
- On January 25, 2011 the Provost's Office announced a request for proposals to inform UWM's Digital Future planning process. In April, the Provost, in conjunction with the Digital Future Planning Committee awarded the LRC and the ESL Program a grant for a collaborative
project Online ESL Placement Test Module. It was one of the five proposals selected out of the 16 proposals. (video of Kristi's 9/27/2011 Digital Future Presentation below)
- From June 21 to June 25, 2011 the LRC graduate assistants Timothy Walsh and Zafer Lababidi will be presenting at the 2011 International Association for Language Learning Technology Conference in UC Irvine. For more information on the conference, please click here.
- September 2nd, 2010, The LRC Video Production Lab (CRT-B20C) is coming online. Our new High-Definition camera system, video-editing computer and green-screen system have already been purchased. As we complete remodelling of the Video Studio this semester, we will already begin shooting and editing student video presentations in our newly fitted facility. (see picture of new HD camera system in sidebar)
- March 2010, this year's trial of Spanish video-conferenced classes with students in Colombia, and Mexico during their LRC Computer Lab time was a stunning success!! Good job, Maria!
- Spanish class Skype activity with students in Colombia, and some sample Rauscher Project data | Click to see larger pictures below!