Welcome to the Language Resource Center
- Fall 2012: Interactive Russian Handwriting tutorials in English and Russian are now available via the Russian Resourcces page!
- On January 25, 2011 the Provost's Office announced a request for proposals to inform UWM's Digital Future planning process. In April, the Provost, in conjunction with the Digital Future Planning Committee awarded the LRC and the ESL Program a grant for a collaborative
project Online ESL Placement Test Module. It was one of the five proposals selected out of the 16 proposals. (video of Kristi's 9/27/2011 Digital Future Presentation below)
- Congratulations to Larry Linvik, who just received his Length of Service Award this year for 25 years of service at UWM and the LRC!
- From June 21 to June 25, 2011 the LRC graduate assistants Timothy Walsh and Zafer Lababidi will be presenting at the 2011 International Association for Language Learning Technology Conference in UC Irvine. For more information on the conference, please click here.
- September 2nd, 2010, The LRC Video Production Lab (CRT-B20C) is coming online. Our new High-Definition camera system, video-editing computer and green-screen system have already been purchased. As we complete remodelling of the Video Studio this semester, we will already begin shooting and editing student video presentations in our newly fitted facility. (see picture of new HD camera system in sidebar)
- March 2010, this year's trial of Spanish video-conferenced classes with students in Colombia, and Mexico during their LRC Computer Lab time was a stunning success!! Good job, Maria!
- Spanish class Skype activity with students in Colombia, and some sample Rauscher Project data | Click to see larger pictures below!