AMSLC - UW-Milwaukee
October 13-15, 2006
- - Information
- - Student
Registration - -
- - Campus/Chaperon
Info - -
Letter to AMSLC Coordinators
Dear AMSLC Coordinator:
Our new online AMSLC registration process is now available! In order for us to plan a successful conference, we need your help in facilitating the registration process, communicating with your students prior to the conference, and bringing them to Milwaukee on Friday, October 13, 2006.
As you know, the UW System AMSLC Task Group has recommended some changes to this year's conference, please note the following logistics (some are new and some are similar to previous years), and let me know if there are questions:
- All students (except first-time attendees) are required to submit an abstract for presentation at the conference. However, each campus can set its policy regarding this recommendation.
- As in the past years, seniors who are graduating in May can submit and present at the conference. Please make sure that they will participate in the conference in October.
- Graduate students can also submit an abstract and present at the conference.
- All presenters will receive a certificate of award during the conference.
- Registration fee per student is $150. The fee includes conference materials, lodging for two nights (four students to a room), and all meals except Friday night dinner.
- Registration fee per student or chaperon who resides in Milwaukee is $100 (without hotel stay).
- Registration fee per chaperon/staff is also $150. Chaperons may share a room with another staff, depending on funding availability.
- Chaperon to student ratio should be 1:10 for each institution.
- While in Milwaukee, conference participants will stay in the Holiday Inn, 611 W. Wisconsin Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53203, Phone: 1-414-273-2950.
- All registrations will be held at the Holiday Inn from 2 to 4:30 p.m. on Friday, October 13, 2006. Chaperons are to register for all their students.
- Friday night dinners are on your own. A list of suggested local restaurants in Milwaukee is available online for your consideration. We suggest that dinner reservations be made in advance at 5 p.m. so there will be ample time to return to UW-Milwaukee before 7:30 p.m. for the Welcome Program. It is chaperon's responsibility to make sure students arrive on campus in time for the opening event.
- Transportation of students from the hotel to the conference site will be the responsibility of the campuses. All conference activities, except registration and Friday night dinner, will be held on campus in the UWM Union at 2200 E. Kenwood Blvd. The buses may drop off and pick up students in front of the UWM Union.
- A chaperon meeting is scheduled on Friday night. Please check the conference program for meeting time and location.
- A moderators' meeting is also scheduled for Friday night. Please check the conference program for meeting time and location.
- There will be a M/D Coordinator's meeting on Saturday, October 14, 2006 during the Career/Graduate School Fair. Please check the conference program for meeting time and location.
- For the Career/Graduate School Fair, please encourage your students to wear business attire. Please also encourage your presenters to wear business attire or dress appropriately for their presentations.
To complete your campus' registration process, please follow the instruction below:
- Have each of your chaperons submit an online CHAPERON REGISTRATION FORM by April 28, 2006.
- Submit an online FRIDAY NIGHT DINNER OPTION form to select your favorite restaurant in Milwaukee by May 5, 2006.
- Download or print the AMSLC ROOM ASSIGNMENT AND FEE FORM. Please email the completed form to Linda Huang at firstname.lastname@example.org, OR fax it to (414) 229-2479 by May 5, 2006.
- Mail your campus' registration fee payment (check payable to "UWM AMSLC") no later than July 31, 2006 to:
Linda Huang, Multicultural Student Center,
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee,
P.O. Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201
You will receive an email confirmation from each of your student's registration and abstract submissions. Please make sure that students who submit an abstract have also submitted a registration form. In the event that any of your registered students is not eligible to (or should not) attend the conference, please email Celeste Clark at email@example.com
or contact her at (414) 229-5880. The room assignment information you will submit in May is also a confirmation of participants from your campus.
Should you have any questions regarding the various aspects of the conference, please do not hesitate to contact me at 414-229-3704 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For registration questions, please feel free to contact our AMSLC Registration Subcommittee Co-Chairs:
I look forward to seeing all of you in October!
UW-Milwaukee AMSLC 2006 Planning Committee