We are currently accepting nominations for the 18th Annual UW System Outstanding Women of Color in Education Award. One honoree will be selected from UWM for recognition during the 37th Annual Wisconsin Women's Studies Conference on October 19, 2013 at UW-Madison. All women of color faculty, staff and students; and active community members are eligible for this award.
- women of color who have worked in the areas of women's studies scholarship and activism, especially as they have served to improve the status and climate for women, particularly women of color;
- women of color who have advocated for women, particularly women of color;
- women of color who have consistently demonstrated their ability to rally diverse forces together to advance the agenda of women, particularly that of women of color;
- women of color who have created positive changes at UWM, i.e., curriculum development and infusion, receiving grants, and mentoring women; and/or
- women of color who have demonstrated an understanding of the interplay of family and community and culture in the lives of women of color.
- a completed Women of Color Information Form, which can be found at www.msc.uwm.edu/files/WOC_form_13.doc;
- a one-page summary of nominee's contributions to diversity and women's studies; and
- an electronic photograph suitable for display online (72 dpi; no larger than 700 pixels on the longest side).
Please submit nomination materials electronically to Dr. Cheryl Ajirotutu at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 15, 2013. For questions, please contact Dr. Ajirotutu or Linda Huang at email@example.com.
For more information about this award, history, and previous award recipients, please visit Women's Studies Consortium Website at wsc.uwsa.edu/events/woc/woc.htm.