Silver Spring Community Nursing Center
Located in the Silver Spring Neighborhood Center on Milwaukee’s northwest side in the state’s largest subsidized housing development, this center provides primary care services to residents including a walk-in clinic. In addition, nursing center staff provides care to residents and works closely with social workers, teachers, daycare workers and recreation staff in the neighborhood center to coordinate many other health education and disease prevention services, such as immunization and flu clinics.
Mission Statement The UWM Silver Spring Community Nursing Center is committed to:
- Providing nursing and health services and programs which convey the broad scope and spirit of community based nursing practice
- Advocating for access to quality health care for each and every person
- Maintaining collaborative relationships with our clients and community partners
- Supporting the educational, research and practice activities of the UWM College of Nursing
- Fostering supportive and shared learning regarding community health nursing practice.
VisionOur collective vision is to improve health outcomes and decrease health disparities of the individuals and families in the Silver Spring community.