ANCC Certification: Adult Psychiatric Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist
Before joining the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee instructional academic staff, Ms. Jansen was a faculty member and Director of the Learning Resource Center at Marquette University. She has worked as an advanced practice nurse with individuals and groups in the mental health field throughout her career. For the past three years, she has worked on informatics projects, including catalogue development, for the International Classification for Nursing Practice at UWM. In addition, she has taught theory and clinical courses at all levels of the curriculum. Her areas of expertise include nursing care for individuals with severe and persistent mental illness, medication management, and adherence to treatment.
- Grand Avenue Club Quality Improvement Project: Non-returning New Members. (2007). Conducted telephone survey, analyzed results, and reported to Grand Avenue Club Board of Directors.
- Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Orientation Packet. (2006). Developed for Mental Health and Addictions Unit, St. Francis Hospital, St. Francis, WI.
- Healthier Wisconsin Grant Submission: “Improving Health Outcomes for Mentally Ill Adults.” (2005). Grand Avenue Club and Medical College of Wisconsin.
- Grand Avenue Club Member Satisfaction Survey. (2005, 2006, 2007). Conducted yearly surveys, analyzed results, and reported to Grand Avenue Club Board of Directors.
- Textbook review of Psychiatric Mental Health Nursing, 3rd edition by K.M. Fortinash & P.A. Holoday Worret (2002). Elsevier Science.