Parking & Transit News
Wisconsin Coach Lines - NEW
Starting on Monday, September 22nd, 2014 students and staff that present a valid UWM U-PASS or UWM Faculty ID (with a Commuter Value Pass) will be able to ride at no cost to and from the UWM Campus on Waukesha 901, 904*, and 905* routes.
*On some 904 & 905 routes a transfer is needed to complete the trip to or from the UWM campus. Transfers are made on the southwest corner of Wisconsin Avenue and Cass Streets in downtown Milwaukee. Ask your driver for details.
UWM Focuses on Transportation and Parking Issues
With changes to the main campus, emergent satellite campuses, more housing options, and a dynamic student body, the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee continues to face transportation challenges for the 30,000+ people a day it serves. Parking, bus service, and even bicycle parking are among the more challenging issues faced daily by students, staff, and faculty.
In Fall 2013, UWM hired an interdisciplinary transportation consultant team to kick-off a comprehensive parking and transportation study. This effort is looking closely at all of the transportation needs of UWM, from all perspectives, and will include reviews of:
- Parking location, pricing and eligibility
- Shuttle services - who they serve and how well
- Bicycling - how do we build off recent campus successes
- MCTS - how can it work better for UWM
- Alternative Transportation - how do we take advantage of all options
Please monitor www.uwmmoves.wordpress.com for updates on event schedules, leaving your feedback, and reading that of others.
UWM: Best Workplace for Commuters
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee has been designated as one of the BEST Workplaces for commuters by the National Center for Transit Research at the University of South Florida for meeting the National Standard of Excellence for outstanding commuter benefits. These benefits promote energy conservation by reducting traffic congestion and related air pollution.
The Capitol / Humboldt UPARK lot is the only UPARK lot available.
Northwest Quadrant Parking Garage & Levels 4 and 5 of the Pavilion Garage Basement
The parking structure located at the Northwest Quadrant (formerly Columbia Hospital) and Floors 4 & 5 of the Pavilion (next to Klotsche Center) are reserved for student parking only. Parking is free to students with a valid UWM Student ID & Red Parking Sticker (required to enter the garage). Northwest Quadrant surface parking lots are available (parking rates apply) to the public, visitors, faculty and staff.
Current On Campus Parking Rates are available online! Follow the link for information about parking rates at UWM.
U-PASS is your pass to cash! Pick up your U-PASS at the Parking & Transit Office on the ground floor of the Student Union and take advantage of its many perks today. U-PASS is already paid for in your student fees: You just need to pick it up! With U-PASS or M-Card, UWM students get unlimited rides on the Milwaukee County Transit System. Just show it to the driver along with a valid student ID when you get on board.
Shuttle to School of Freshwater Sciences!
UWM will be providing shuttle bus service from the Kenwood Campus (Union & Golda Meir Library) to the School of Freshwater Sciences at 600 E Greenfield Avenue. The shuttle schedule is arranged around classes scheduled at the school and will run at different times Mondays through Thursdays. The shuttle schedule can be accessed from the link on this page (upper right).
- MCTS Announces New Bus Routes!
- MCTS is pleased to announce starting January 18, 2015, there will be two new MetroEXpress Routes: the GoldLine (Wisconsin-UWM) and the PurpleLine (27th Street).
- 17th Annual Stuff the Bus Food Drive Benefits Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin
- Before you stuff the turkey this Thanksgiving, help Feeding America Eastern Wisconsin Stuff the Bus!
- MCTS ROLLS OUT M•CARD SMART CARDS STORED VALUE!
- Two weeks ago, Milwaukee County Transit System (MCTS) began selling the MCTS M•CARD 1-day, 7-day & 31-day passes. Today, the next step in the rollout – riders can purchase MCTS M•CARD Stored Value.
- 1, 7 & 31-day MCTS M•CARDS AVAILABLE SEPTEMBER 29, 2014!
- MCTS will begin selling 1-day, 7-day and 31-day passes on MCTS M•CARDs (electronic smart cards) at select locations throughout the County on Monday, September 29, 2014.
- NEW MCTS ROUTES 279 & 6 WILL IMPROVE JOB ACCESS
- Route 6 (New Berlin Industrial Park Express) and Route 279 (Menomonee Falls Industrial Park Express) will begin in late August increasing access to jobs. This was made possible because of a settlement agreement between representatives from the Milwaukee Inner-City Congregation Allied for Hope and Black Health Coalition of Wisconsin with the State of Wisconsin Department of Transportation.
- Sunday, August 24 Begin MCTS Seasonal Schedule Changes
- On Sunday, August 24, 2014 MCTS will begin regular seasonal adjustments on bus routes. More information follows.
- Real-Time Information now availible on additional routes!
- MCTS is excited to let you know that a total of 25 Routes are available on MCTS Real-Time Information!
- Meet Chuck!
- Why don't some people ride the bus? They might not know how. Follow Chuck as he learns how easy it is to make the bus Your Other Set of Wheels.
- MATC summer school students join M•CARD test group
- Starting in May, you may begin seeing more passengers using the new M•CARD on board buses as we expand the M•CARD test group.