JAMS Student Internship
On-Campus Journalism, Advertising, and Media Studies Internship
The UWM Manfred Olson Planetarium has over 10,000 yearly visitors and is seeking student interns to educate and promote the venue on campus and to the community.
The successful intern will be self-motivated and responsible for some of the following activities:
- Thinking of innovative ways to make the planetarium more visible in our community and on campus;
- Designing brochures, fliers, and other written materials;
- Planning special planetarium events;
- Writing press releases, newspaper articles, and short texts for the website and social media;
- Designing surveys and analyzing data;
- Participating in a weekly all-staff meeting.
Interest in Astronomy is a plus but not required. Experience with InDesign or Photoshop is a plus.
Please submit the following application materials:
- Cover Letter
- Writing samples and other relevant work if available
- Letter of recommendation if available
It is never too early to indicate interest in the position.
Ideally, the student should indicate their interest at least three weeks before the semester begins.
Please e-mail Jean Creighton (firstname.lastname@example.org) to send the materials and arrange an interview.