Large Format Printing for Departments
From trade show signage to research poster sessions, Visual Design can assist you with your large format printing needs.
Are you setting up the file yourself? Be sure to read the file requirements before submitting.
Large format printing can be direct-billed to your department account. Cost sharing might be available.
Printing: $7.00/square foot
(Reduced-size proofs from the large format printer are suggested to ensure quality and accuracy prior to printing a full size poster. Note: Visual Design is not responsible for accurate color match if a color proof is not requested prior to final printing.)
Visual Design File setup and manipulation: $60 per hour
To calculate project cost for poster 30" wide by &42" long:
- Calculate size in sq. inches (multiply width by length): 30" x 42" = 1260"
- Convert to sq. ft.(divide by 144): 1260" / 144 = 8.75 sq. ft.
- Round up to nearest whole number: 9 sq. ft.
- Calculate cost (multiply sq. ft. by $7.00): 9 x $7.00 = $63.00
- Add cost of proof: $14.00 + $63.00 = $77.00*
*Billable amount may be less if using cost sharing.
1. Download and complete the Request Form
The submitted form must have the department billing number.
2. Create file adhering to file requirements.
3. Submit file and Request Form.
In Person: Sabin Hall, Room 353B, Monday–Friday, 9 a.m–4:30 p.m.
Include file on USB (jump/thumb drive) or CD
Bring or FAX paper copy of completed request form (FAX: 414-229-6393)
A minimum of three University business days from submission of the file and request form is suggested on all large format poster printing projects
Have questions about poster printing?
E-mail email@example.com or call Lesley Kelling at 414-229-3719 to learn more. Visual Design Poster Printing is located in Sabin Hall, Room 353B.