Health and Safety - Home
UWM Facility Services (PPS) is involved with many aspects of campus environmental health and safety. The following information includes procedures, guidelines and other resources to support our buildings/grounds, maintenance/trades, and construction activities on campus. This information is also applicable for academic departments, research activities and the campus community.
Asbestos and Lead Management: The asbestos management program applies to all work operations at UWM involving asbestos containing materials. Similarly, the lead management program applies to campus environmental lead management. Also available is the transitional asbestos management program index page, started May 7, 2010.
Safety Committee: Topical and archival information related to the "buildings & grounds" and "shops" safety committees.
Safety Information Guidelines and Procedures: information regarding various safety and health guidelines and management programs for facility management and the campus community.
- Aerial Lift Awareness Training for PPS
- Battery Safety
- Blood and Body Fluid Spill Procedures
- Buildings & Grounds Summer Crew Safety Awareness (Powerpoint presentation)
- Confined Space Program
- Construction Project Review
- Excavation Safety
- Fall Protection
- Fume Hood Systems
- Hot Work Practices
- Indoor Air / Environmental Quality
- Mercury Awareness for PPS (Powerpoint presentation)
- Overhead Door Safety
- Respiratory Protection Program for PPS
- Stores / Surplus Program Safety Awareness (Powerpoint presentation)
Topical Information: Performance Contract Questions/Answers