2512 Hartford Ave.
Space: 43,155 gsf
Four stories plus basement and attic
Original Cost: $114,349 (Holton and Merrill)
- See DOA-DFD WALMS inspection for room-by-room building survey (Fall 2002).
- Photos of Room 131 Floor demolition, September 14, 2001
- The building was renovated in the mid-1980s. We assume most asbestos containing material (ACM), specifically thermal system insulation (TSI), was removed at that time.
- All 'new' pipe insulation is asbestos-free; this insulation is typically fiberglass on straight sections with plastic coated fiberglass fittings. Presume any remaining pre-1980 insulation as ACM.
- There are a variety of floor tile and other floor coverings in the building. Please check the inventory or request a bulk sample prior to disturbance of any flooring.
- Hallway G00E sheet flooring (beige) is negative for ACM.
- Stairwell G00R sheet flooring (tan with light and dark flecks) tested postive for ACM.
- Hallway 100B sheet flooring (beige) is negative for ACM.
- Rooms 111, 115 and 116 have VAT.
- Most wall material is modern drywall, although some original plaster may remain. For example, in some areas new drywall was applied directly over original plaster. Plaster samples obtained to date have been negative. Based on the age of the building all original plaster must be surveyed before disturbance.
- All ceiling tiles sampled to date have been negative for asbestos.
- Fourth floor mechanical room (attic 410 and 440) has an asbestos transite floor.
- Please see the Merrill Hall Project Log for additional information.
- Please see the UWM Asbestos Inventory and the DOA-DSF WALMS survey for additional information.