In the event of a shutdown or outage the following actions should be taken:
1. The first responder will gather as much information regarding the problem as possible. Including but not limited to: the effects on campus and the timeline for repair.
2. The first responder will then alert the Facility Services Director who will initiate the communications policy as described below.
3. Dispatch will then be given specific instructions of how to answer calls regarding the outage.
4. Any updates or extensions will be reported to the appropriate people as soon as possible.
5. If a campus wide notification is required, a message will be composed by the F.S. Director and sent to University Relations for approval.