Plugins & Extensibility
WordPress is modular software that can have its functionality extended by adding components, including plugins, widgets, shortcodes, themes and templates.
The campus WordPress service will include a catalog of plugins, widgets and other components and visual user experience elements to meet common functionality needs and also a request process to help guide the management and evolution of plugins and other components.
Functionality needs identified thus far include but are not limited to:
- Approval Workflow
- CSS Editor
- Distribution Content Editor/Author Administration
- Event Registration/RSVP Forms
- Events Calendar
- Faculty/People Profiles
- Image Gallery
- News and Events
- Robust Rich Text Editor
- Social Media Integration
- Tabular Data Editor
- Video Integration
- Web analytics
- Web Form Builder
Solutions to meet campus functionality needs identified thus far include but are not limited to:
- 404 Redirected - Page not found auditing and redirecting.
- Advanced Custom Fields - Post/page custom field creation.
- Advanced Custom Fields Add-on: Repeater Field - Post/page custom field creation.
- Better WP Security - WordPress application security hardening.
- BU Navigation - Site navigation
- BU Section Editing - Page/post content editing permissions segmentation by section.
- Conditional Widgets - Widget conditional display logic.
- CPT-onomies - Custom post creation and post relationship management.
- CSS Plus - CSS editing on a per post/page basis.
- Custom Menu Wizard Widget - Site navigation
- Custom Post Widget (Content Blocks) - Content sharing across pages/posts within a site. Content placement within widget areas.
- Debug Bar - Developer debugging.
- Debug Bar Console - Developer debugging.
- Duplicate Post - Post/page duplication.
- Enable Media Replace - Replacement of media with new versions.
- Gravity Forms - Web form creation.
- JSON API - API
- MCE Table Buttons - Tabular data editing.
- Members - Manage WordPress roles and associated capabilities.
- Meta Slider - Photo slider/slideshow.
- Network Plugin Auditor - Plugin and theme usage tracking.
- Post Expirator - Post/page expiration scheduling.
- Posts 2 Posts - Post to post relationship management.
- Super Simple Google Analytics - Web analytics
- The Event Calendar Pro - Events calendar.
- Ultimate Posts Widget - Site navigation
- UWM People - People profiles, such as staff directories.
- UWM Web Identity - UWM Web Identity theme, with responsive support.
- WP Document Revisions - Document management and workflow.
if you have feedback or questions about WordPress functionality (including plugins and themes), please contact the WordPress Implementation team.