Department of Dance
The Department of Dance at UWM is committed to the development of skillful and vibrant dance artists and educators in their pursuit of a comprehensive education built upon diverse dance practices, research and community engagement. Our department supports a thriving local and regional presence, while it opens avenues and opportunities for national and global perspectives.
We offer undergraduate and graduate programs that emphasize artistic individuality and the development of professional skills required for successful careers in dance performance, choreography and education. Our innovative curriculum integrates multiple dance disciplines and somatic practices, creating a learning environment that prioritizes a balance of body and mind knowledge with informed, creative expression.
- Dance - Empowering people through dance: Learn about the dance organization Sole Matter
- Dance - MFA Dance Alumna Maxine Steinman accepts position at Montclair State University
- Dance - Announcing the 6th New Work Award Honoree: Sarah Weber Gallo
- Dance - UWM Presents Summerdances 2014: New choreography by faculty, students and guests
- Dance - At UWM: Best Summerdances Ever