Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan Dance Scholarship
The Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan Dance Scholarship, donated by the Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan LLP Environmental Law Team, a $750 one-year award, will be awarded four times by the Dance Department from fall 2011 thru spring 2015.
Undergraduate Dance majors who wish to be considered for the Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan Dance Scholarship for the upcoming academic year must complete an online application and submit the necessary supporting documents by the deadline. Begin by reading the guidelines and directions on this page and then fill in the online application below.
All questions and concerns about the scholarship process should be directed to the Dance Office at 414-229-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for a Gonzalez, Saggio & Harlan Dance Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time (6 or more Dance credits each semester) Dance BA or BFA major
- Dance GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated commitment to professional conduct
- Integrity in all interpersonal communications
- Adherence to department curricular requirements (following course of study)
- Completion of at least one semester in the Dance Program
- Racial and/or ethnic minority group or member under-represented in higher education in the UW-System.
Students who do not meet these criteria for all semesters of their award may forfeit all or part of their scholarship.
How To Apply
Students must complete the online application below, which includes a place to enter a brief statement (no more than 500 words) identifying your educational goals in the Dance Department and describing how the award would benefit your continued study.
In addition, students must submit the following supporting materials:
- A copy of your Fall transcript (unofficial or official).
- Two letters of recommendation (from outside the Department Faculty — some Lecturers are okay) that endorse your application. Letters of recommendation should include observations about your academic performance thus far in your training and your potential for continued success. Letters may also include comments on any special qualities of character, your work ethic, ability to lead, etc. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to: Undergraduate Scholarship Award, Department of Dance, UW-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201. You may also submit the letters as part of your application packet, or the recommender may send them via email to email@example.com by the stated deadline below.
Spring 2014 cycle for awards distributed in 2014-15 academic year: All online applications and supporting materials (transcript and two letters of recommendation) must be submitted by 9am on Monday, March 3, 2014. The supporting materials should be dropped off in the Dance Office, Mitchell 345.
Announcement & Distribution of Awards
Award letter will be sent in April 2013. Scholarship is disbursed in two payments, one for each semester of the academic year, as long as the recipient remains eligible.