Dance Undergraduate Student Scholarship
Each academic year, the dance faculty will award approximately one third of the total scholarship funds available to undergraduate dance majors. Individual scholarship awards typically range from $500-$1500 and are intended to support tuition costs for continued study in the upcoming academic year.
Undergraduate Dance majors who wish to be considered for a scholarship for the upcoming academic year must complete an online application and submit the necessary supporting documents by the deadline. Begin by reading the guidelines and directions on this page and then fill in the online application below.
All questions and concerns about the scholarship process should be directed to the Dance Office at 414-229-2571 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be eligible for an Undergraduate Scholarship Award, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Full-time (6 or more Dance credits each semester)
- Dance BA or BFA major
- Dance GPA of 3.5 or above
- Demonstrated commitment to professional conduct
- Integrity in all interpersonal communications
- Adherence to department curricular requirements (following course of study)
- Completion of at least one semester in the Dance Program
Students who do not meet these criteria for all semesters of their award may forfeit all or part of their scholarship.
How To Apply
Students must complete the online application below, which includes a place to enter a brief statement (no more than 500 words) identifying your educational goals in the Dance Department and describing how the award would benefit your continued study.
In addition, students must submit the following supporting materials:
- A copy of your Fall transcript (unofficial or official).
- Two letters of recommendation (from outside the Department Faculty — some Lecturers are okay) that endorse your application. Letters of recommendation should include observations about your academic performance thus far in your training and your potential for continued success. Letters may also include comments on any special qualities of character, your work ethic, ability to lead, etc. Letters of recommendation should be addressed to: Undergraduate Scholarship Award, Department of Dance, UW-Milwaukee, PO Box 413, Milwaukee, WI 53201. If letters are being submitted directly by referees, they must reach the Dance Department by the deadline listed below. You may also submit the letters as part of your application packet, or the recommender may send them via email to email@example.com.
Spring 2014 cycle for awards distributed in 2014-15 academic year: All online applications and supporting materials (transcript and two letters of recommendation) must be submitted by 9am on Monday, March 3, 2014. The supporting materials should be dropped off in the Dance Office, Mitchell 345.
Award letters will be sent in April 2013. Scholarship is disbursed in two payments, one for each semester of the academic year, as long as the recipient remains eligible.