Department of Film, Video, Animation, and
We earned our place as one of the top 20 film programs in the world through our deep commitment to helping our students pursue their particular creative impulses and expand their curiosity so that they may transform into unique, expressive artists and thinkers with a mastery of creative, conceptual and technical skills.
Our dual purpose is to both prepare students for careers in making film of all kinds or working in the media industry while also providing a time and place for students to put aside the demands of the professional world and thoroughly explore what it means to develop as an artist. Our faculty and staff are teachers and practicing artists who think of the university as a sacred place where art, ideas, technology and media converge - an environment where students should enjoy ample attention and freedom to flourish.
That's why our programs attract talented regional, national and international students, resulting in a dynamic environment that is rich in inspiration, opportunity and superior filmmaking.
- David Witzling, Peck School of the Arts Film Faculty Member, Will Be Part of the Journal of Short Film.
- 88Nine Radio Milwaukee: 1-on-1 with Scott Emmons, Dean of the UWM Peck School of the Arts
- Film student Greg Bishop tells us what he "digs"
- 2013 UWM Alumni Awards Evening, Jim Rygiel Spotlight
- From 'LOTR' to 'Spiderman,' Kenosha Native Adds Special Effects to Blockbusters
Strings of Colors
Sharon Mohanadoss - BFA Film, Summer 2013
doc|UWM Releases First Cream City Soundcheck Video
Allen Stone gets some science dropped on him at the Microphone Museum and fills his belly at Speed Queen Bar-B-Que, before doing a radio interview with 88Nine Radio Milwaukee and rocking two amazing sets at Turner Hall.
See more at uwm.edu/docuwm