Department of Film, Video, Animation, and
We earned our place as one of the top 20 film programs in the world through our deep commitment to helping our students pursue their particular creative impulses and expand their curiosity so that they may transform into unique, expressive artists and thinkers with a mastery of creative, conceptual and technical skills.
Our dual purpose is to both prepare students for careers in making film of all kinds or working in the media industry while also providing a time and place for students to put aside the demands of the professional world and thoroughly explore what it means to develop as an artist. Our faculty and staff are teachers and practicing artists who think of the university as a sacred place where art, ideas, technology and media converge - an environment where students should enjoy ample attention and freedom to flourish.
That's why our programs attract talented regional, national and international students, resulting in a dynamic environment that is rich in inspiration, opportunity and superior filmmaking.
- Film Alum - Filmmaker's book serves up Wisconsin's supper-club traditions
- Take 5 with Jim Plaisted of the North Ave. BID: CRE Guide
- Emmons is new dean of UWM's Peck School of the Arts
- Emmons named dean of UWM's Peck School of the Arts
- FILM FACULTY - Work by Iverson White and Portia Cobb included in Wisconsin 30 Exhibition at the Milwaukee Art Museum